Raising SupportClick here to download a sample letterClick here to download a sample response card.
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- People who make financial contributions for volunteers traveling on a mission trip will receive a receipt for their donation. As a volunteer who is paying your own way on a mission trip, a significant portion of your cost may be tax-deductible. Please consult your personal tax advisor with respect to tax deductions.
- Contributions are solicited with the understanding that Orphan Outreach has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
- Keep track of your donations for your personal records: list the donor name, mailing address and amount received. Our Missions office will also keep an account of your donations so that we can double check records, in case anyone mails a donation directly to us on your behalf, or if you have any questions, etc.
- Remember to send each donor a personal thank-you note and trip update upon return.
- We accept trip payments in the form of EFT, credit cards and checks.
- Gifts to Orphan Outreach become the sole property of Orphan Outreach. A gift to Orphan Outreach is a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes to the extent permitted by law. Tax deductible gifts cannot be refunded. In the event you do not participate in the mission trip, gifts to Orphan Outreach will go to support other mission trip and ministry costs.
- All checks must be made payable to “Orphan Outreach.” Checks made out to trip participants will be returned.
- Please do not place the trip participants' name on the check, but instead use the provided sample response card to accompany the check.
- Mail collected checks in an envelope with a response card that states your name and mission trip code. Mail the checks to:Orphan OutreachATTN: MISSIONS2001 West Plano ParkwaySuite 3700Plano, TX 75075
- You can make a payment towards your trip ONLINE. Simply click here to go to our “Make a Donation” page and click the link to make a trip payment.
- If one of your trip sponsors wants to use a credit card to make a donation towards your trip, simply direct them to the “Make A Donation” page on the Orphan Outreach website and they can select the button to sponsor a trip participant ONLINE.** Please Note: Orphan Outreach is charged a 3% fee on all credit card donations.
- You can also make a payment using EFT or direct debit from your bank account online.
- DO NOT send cash through the mail. Instead, send a money order for the total cash amount that you have received. Include an itemized list of each donor name, mailing address and amount given so that tax deductible receipts may be issued. If you write a personal check on behalf of donors that send cash, you will receive a receipt but we will not be able to send a receipt to your donors.
- Tell everyone you know what you are doing and how they can help
- Write personal support letters explaining your mission and fundraising goal
- Speak to your church, businesses or groups that may have a special interest in your trip
- Offer to do yard work, housework, errands or other chores for donations
- Host a craft sale or bake sale
- Start a money jar
- Host a garage sale for your neighborhood or church with donated items
- Host a fundraising dinner for friends and share about the needs of the orphan children
- Host a dinner at your church and charge admission. Share about the needs of the orphan children and culture in which you will be serving.
- Work at a sporting event concession